Twirl | Family Favorite Dance Studio – 2022 LOVE Awards
Twirl was established in 2016 when owner Sam Sinns left his job as a dancer at Walt Disney World to move his family to the Philadelphia suburbs to open his dream dance studio.
Twirl | Family Favorite Dance Studio – 2022 LOVE Awards
Twirl was established in 2016 when owner Sam Sinns left his job as a dancer at Walt Disney World to move his family to the Philadelphia suburbs to open his dream dance studio. With a 20-year professional dance career under his belt, Sam brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his rapidly growing business.
Twirl reflects the principles that he learned while working as a dancer for The Walt Disney Company. The formula is pretty simple- commit to excellence in all things, teach solid dance technique, lead with creativity, engage in the community, and most of all, provide a happy place where everyone feels welcomed and valued.
Along with classes in dance and acrobatics, Twirl also has a popular Down syndrome dance program and summer camps that sell out within hours. And with a dance environment that’s welcoming to boys, Twirl boasts a significant number of male dance students.
Dedicated to making Twirl camps the best days of your child's summer, Twirl summer camps are action-packed and full of fun. Their half day camps are performance-based, and depending on the theme, focus on dance, acrobatics, and/or stage combat. 2022 camp themes include Encanto, Superheroes, Disney Theme Parks, Stitches Beach Party and MORE! Boys and girls alike LOVE summer at Twirl!
- Encanto (ages 4-10)- It’s the first Twirl camp of the summer and your child will be fascinated by the music, magic, and mystery hidden deep in the mountains of Columbia. Charm, delight, and joy will be packed into every day of what will most likely be the most in-demand camp of the season.
- Stitch’s Beach Party! (ages 4-10)- This is your invitation to the wildest beach party of the summer hosted by everyone’s favorite alien. And with a party host this crazy, who knows what kind of mischief and mayhem will happen! Surf’s up with dancing, games, crafts, and an abundance of the spirit of ‘ohana.
- Super Hero Training and Acro Camp (ages 4-10) - What does it take to be a super hero? Twirl campers will find out as they discover their super powers in adrenaline-fueled days filled with acrobatics, stage combat training, trivia challenges and everything super hero. Twirl guarantees that your Avenger-in-training won’t stop talking about this Marvel-ous camp!
- Not-So-Scary Halloween Camp (ages 4-10)- No need to wait until October to dress up in your favorite costume. It’s time for fall vibes with jack-o-lanterns, autumn leaves, and of course Twirl’s very own candy-free trick-or-treat extravaganza. The Twirl staff can’t wait to see campers dancing in their costumes as they relive one of their favorite holidays for three days of Halloween fun!
- ALL NEW Disney Theme Park Camp(ages 4-10)- It’s back and it’s ALL NEW FOR 2022! Skip the lines and experience new attractions, new dances, and new theme park madness in one of the most popular camps in Twirl history. It’s three days sprinkled with pixie dust where Disney dreams come true!
- Pirates and Princesses Preschool Camp (ages 3.5-5)- Preschoolers will have the time of their lives as they search for buried treasure, attend a royal ball, and dance through the enchanting world of pirates and princesses. It’s the perfect three days of action-packed fun for noble princesses, debonair princes, swashbuckling pirates, and feisty pirate queens.
- C’est Magnifique Cirque Acro Camp (ages 6+)- It’s time to get upside down, learn some acro skills, and put on an incredible cirque-like show centered around the exquisite city of Paris. At the end of the week, Twirl Parisian acrobats will take our audience on a tour of the City of Lights in our most lavish live virtual production of the summer season.
- Twirl Summer Dance Intensive (ages 9+) It’s time to drill down on dance technique with Twirl’s summer dance intensive! Designed for the student who wants to up their dance game, this five-day dance extravaganza will include classes in ballet, jazz, hip hop, and contemporary. Twirl will have a rock star roster of guest teaching artists to teach, inspire, and impart dance wisdom to their intensive dancers. Twirl Summer Dance Intensive is open to students age 9+ with three levels to choose from. Level I is designed for dancers who are age 9+ and have some dance experience, but aren’t advanced. Level II is for intermediate dancers and Level III is the most advanced level for the dance intensive. Because space is limited, registration is separate for each level. If you have any questions about where you dancer should be placed, please email email@example.com before enrolling.
2022 Main Line Parent Family Favorite Dance Studio
Family Focus Media has been building community with Main Line Parent and Philadelphia Family since 2010 and our annual LOVE Awards celebrate the BEST local resources for families, thanks to thousands of nominations like this one:
Twirl is a phenomenal dance studio that caters to boys & girls of all dance levels/experience! Offering several different styles of dance for all ages, the emphasis is on performing, not competing, with a focus on serving the community. Performances are top-notch "Disney" inspired, and the summer camps are stellar for both dancers and non-dancers! Each year there are new summer camp themes that reflect current kid-favorite themes with art projects, costumes and mini-performances... they sell out very quickly which is evidence in itself! Twirl knows how to keep kids smiling, even during the tough stages of the pandemic... the happiness at Twirl is truly contagious!
2021 Main Line Parent Family Favorite Dance Classes
"Could not be happier. My daughter comes out of dance class and says that she wishes she could be at dance all day, every day. The devotion that Sam has to this dance studio is apparent in everything he does. Great communication, community involvement, attention to detail, and truly cares about the experience as a whole." -Sarah D.