Retreat to Snowland at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos
Visiting Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos has become the family tradition our kids can't stop talking about.
Visiting Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos has become the family tradition our kids can’t stop talking about. From the engaging hallway scavenger hunt with wands (MagiQuest) to the indoor water park (especially the wave pool and the lazy river) and the NEW attractions, there is a wide variety of fun things to do for all ages. Main Line Parent was hosted by Great Wolf Lodge to make this article possible.
During the holiday season, Great Wolf Lodge transforms their resort into Snowland, a cozy winter retreat everything you need to put you in the mood for Christmas. Complete with a huge gingerbread house and snowfall in the lobby, visits from Santa, festive music follows you through the halls and themed dance parties with story time enhance in the evenings.
7 Things to know about visiting Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos:
- The drive is under 2 hours from Philadelphia’s Main Line. (An hour and a half from Wayne!)
- It’s a wonderful destination for families of teens, tweens, big kids, toddlers, and babies too! There’s so much to do and the resort caters to families.
- Bring your flip-flops! Even though check-in isn’t officially until 4 pm, you can arrive early to start enjoying the 84 degree weather in the water park as early as 1 pm and the staff will message you when your room is ready.
- If taking your reluctant swimmers to a water park makes you nervous, rest assured, the Great Wolf Lodge staff goes above and beyond to help keep everyone safe with trained lifeguards keeping watch at every corner. They offer colored wristbands to identify areas of the water park that are height appropriate and they supply several racks of life jackets for kids of all sizes to use as needed.
- Relax. Your wristband room key can also store your credit card as a payment option which make it easy to get around and make the most of your stay.
- Go ahead and pack those matching pajamas, if you have them! You’ll find some regulars in their comfiest jammies by dinner time.
- You can reuse your MagiQuest wand when you visit Great Wolf Lodge again in the future!
- General Manager Bill Colavito will be DELIGHTED when you greet him with a “High paw.” He takes great pride in his staff as the “Friendliest Pack in the Poconos,” and it’s true! Every single staff member we met went out of their way to be friendly and to make sure every member of our family was having a good time.
Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos is rolling out the renovations!
We were delighted to see Great Wolf Lodge has already been rolling out their exciting, multi-million-dollar transformation including a full renovation of all guest rooms, several new attractions and updated food and beverage offerings. All of the resort’s attractions and amenities are open and fully operational through these projects. Their newest additions, the Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Shop and Great Wolf Lodge Candy Company were complete when we visited and before you know it they’re going to have the new activities and attractions in place as well!
Coming soon (in December 2018 and early 2019)!
Each of the 401 guest rooms at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos are being updated with new beds, flooring and furnishings to reflect a more modern take on the beloved North woods theme. The suites will continue to accommodate families of all sizes with a cozy respite after a fun day of water park play. Families can choose from twelve suite styles, including the kid-focused Wolf Den and Kid Cabin suites, complete with bunk beds and updated Great Wolf Kids character themes.
New attractions are a significant portion of the renovation, including a newly designed interactive kids’ adventure area, just outside of the water park. One of the featured new attractions is Oliver’s Mining Company, an immersive mining experience where families can explore the Moonstone Mine on a fun educational adventure. Following their adventure in the mine, kids can use pans to shift through silt and sand to find their own gemstone sat a themed sluice. Additionally, guests will discover the next generation look of Great Wolf Lodge’s signature MagiQuest adventure game in this new attractions area, along with another new experience, the Illumination Station,where families will find a variety of interactive light-up toys and glow products.
All the refurbished guest rooms and new attractions will be ready for guests to enjoy before the end of the 2018, and they have more in store for 2019 with renovations in their “Hungry as a Wolf” pizza shop and the addition of a new Ben & Jerry’s to satisfy your Chubby Hubby cravings.