This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Avoid the summertime blues by thinking ahead and entering to win a week of camp for your child at Riverbend Environmental Education Center. Comment and attend the ML Early Childhood Education Fair to win — details below!Sponsored by Riverbend Environmental Education Center
Are your kids tired of spending time indoors? Do they love playing outside in the mud, romping around in the stream, and digging in the dirt in search of bugs? If so, Riverbend’s Summer Exploration Camp is the place to be! Researchers have found that spending time outdoors improves children’s emotional, physical, and academic growth, so why not get them outside this summer!
Campers at Riverbend have been enjoying the great outdoors on our 30 acre nature preserve for almost 30 years. Children from ages 4-11 spend their days at Riverbend exploring stream, meadow, forest, and ponds in search of animals, plants, and bugs. Led by professional educators, in small intimate groups with low camper to educator ratios, natural curiosities are fostered as they investigate the world around them through hands- on activities, live animals, crafts, songs, and games.
Each week focuses on a different nature theme, from reptiles and amphibians during “Shells and Slime” week to animal tracking and camouflage during “Earth Ninja” week. Riverbend is also offering brand new Adventure Camps this year for ages 10-12 and 12-14. Exploring the ocean by kayak, rock climbing, white water rafting, or gaining wildlife field experience alongside the PA Game Commission are a few exciting activities that will be offered this summer for teens!
Riverbend is not only a place for learning and exploration, but a place where kids can be kids, making memories, laughing, giggling, dancing, and having fun all summer long! Campers will leave each day tired, dirty, and teaming with stories of their day’s adventures.
Riverbend also strives to make life easier for busier parents with a long summer (weekly sessions from June 10 to August 30) and an extended-day option (drop-off as early as 8 am and pick-up as late as 6 pm). To learn more about Riverbend’s Summer Camps, visit www.riverbendeec.org or call 610-527-5234.
Since 1974, Riverbend Environmental Education Center has been teaching environmental principles to children in Southeastern Pennsylvania through a direct connection to nature, inspiring respect for our natural world and action as aware, responsible, and caring citizens. Throughout the year, Riverbend offers a wide range of programs for children and families, including school field trips, year-round camps on school holidays, weekend family programs, and wonderful special events.
WIN IT: One week of camp at Riverbend Environmental Education Center. Estimated value: $400.
TO ENTER: Simply comment on this post below, then register for and ATTEND one of our Early Childhood Education Fairs with Free Sitter Speed Dating for your chance to win this prize! We’ll draw a random entry and award one free week of camp on Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins on announced time EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the announced time (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter comment below and include an email address. Additional entries may be “purchased” with a donation of shelf stable food for the Upper Darby Food Bank at Main Line Parent’s Early Childhood Education Fairs OR with a cash donation benefiting the host venues of the Early Childhood Education Fairs.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
4. WINNER SELECTION: The sole winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org, from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Winners will be either emailed directly or publicly announced on the Twitter or Facebook page.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSE: The selected winner will be contacted via email at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. A response is required within 72 hours. If no response is received in that time the selected winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected at random from the list of eligible participants and notified. Subsequently selected winners will also have a 72 hours period to respond. Winner(s) will also be announced on Facebook (facebook.com/mlparent) and Twitter (twitter.com/mainlineparent).
6. PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One week of summer camp. Total ARV: $400.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.