This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!
A proud participant in the Main Line WEST Early Childhood Education Fair, the Wayne Art Center has generously donated a WEEK of Summer Art Camp for one lucky Main Line Parent Community member. Comment below to enter, and ATTEND OUR Western FAIR for additional chances to win this prize! We’ll draw a random entry on Wednesday, February 6, for one class (morning or afternoon, plus membership: a $225 value!) — a great way to kick off your New Year, don’t you think?Sponsored by Wayne Art Center By Sarah Bond Photos courtesy Wayne Art Center
Opening in 1930 as the first art center on the Main Line, the Wayne Art Center is a non-profit center dedicated to enriching our community through the arts. They offer instruction for all ages in the visual arts, crafts, music, culinary arts, and drama.
Each summer nearly 1,200 children enroll in the Wayne Art Center’s popular Summer Art Camp program. Summer Art Camp classes are available from the first week in June to the last week in August for students’ ages 3 to 16 years. Classes are organized into 12 one-week-long sessions, and offered in the morning (9:30 am-noon), afternoon (12:30-3 pm), and late afternoon (3:15-5:15 pm). Students age 5 and older are also invited to enroll in the full-day program (9:30 am-3 pm). Partial day students choose from a full range of classes, including drawing, painting, ceramics, general art, printmaking, jewelry, digital photography, and special media. Full day students can choose an area to focus on, or allow the staff to design the child’s day based on his or her age group.
For the 2013 camp season the Wayne Art Center is bringing another creative pursuit into the mix by theming all activities around children’s literature. From the picture books of Eric Carle, to the popular young adult series Harry Potter, young artists will be inspired by the written word and encouraged to take a fresh perspective on art.
In addition to their top-notch summer camp offerings, the Wayne Art Center offers three distinct types of programs for students, members, and the community:
- Education: classes and workshops in the fine arts, crafts, music, culinary arts, and drama for artists of all ages and ability levels.
- Exhibitions: of the work of professional and emerging artists, as well as the center’s own students and faculty.
- Outreach: programs that bring arts enrichment programs to under-served populations within our community, and those with special needs.
In 2003 the Wayne Art Center embarked on a four phase, $4.8 million expansion project which more than doubled the center’s square footage, and included renovating and expanding studio spaces, adding a second Exhibition Gallery, and a new gallery shop, as well as acoustically designed music studios and expanded administrative space. In 2008 the creation of an attractive and fully equipped culinary arts studio was made possible through the generosity of several local businesses. This facility enables the Wayne Art Center to provide culinary arts and nutrition programs for adults, children, and teens, as well as cooking demonstrations from local restaurants and chefs.
Getting excited about this local resource? We are too! There’s still time to sign up for winter 2013 children’s programs, too! See the Wayne Art Center’s website for a complete list of classes.
WIN IT: One week of Summer Art Camp at the Wayne Art Center (1 class, morning or afternoon, plus membership). Estimated Value: $225. Good for one individual Summer Art Camp registration plus individual membership. Expires August 31, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins on announced time EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the announced time (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter comment below and include an email address. Additional entries may be “purchased” with a donation of shelf stable food for the Upper Darby Food Bank at Main Line Parent’s Early Childhood Education Fairs OR with a cash donation benefiting the host venues of the Early Childhood Education Fairs.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The sole winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Winners will be either emailed directly or publicly announced on the Twitter or Facebook page.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSE: The selected winner will be contacted via email at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. A response is required within 72 hours. If no response is received in that time the selected winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected at random from the list of eligible participants and notified. Subsequently selected winners will also have a 72 hours period to respond.
5. PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: 1 week of Summer Art Camp at the Wayne Art Center (1 class, morning or afternoon, plus membership). Total ARV: $225.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner(s) will be announced on Facebook (facebook.com/mlparent) and Twitter (twitter.com/mainlineparent).